Do you need a breakthrough in your life? Is there some area in which you feel defeated and hopeless? If your answer is “yes!” then you need a fresh word from God and an outpouring of the Holy Spirit!
Sometimes in our lives we come up against roadblocks (ex. try to lose weight with no success, looking for a job but getting nowhere, or engaging in one bad relationship after another). It seems like we are powerless in these situations to change anything. God knew we would go through these times and that’s why he says we need a fresh revelation from Him in order to get a new perspective.
Read Matthew 9:17 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matthew%209:17&version=NIV
If we are caught in a rut, we need to get “new wineskins” for the new thing that God wants to do in our lives. Here are some simple steps that you can take toward a new attitude:
- List the area(s) in your life that are not working. Confess to God that the methods you are using are not materializing into anything profitable and that you have been relying on yourself.
- Ask God for help ( it can be as easy as “help me please” – a daily prayer of mine!!)
- Search for scripture related to your issue (use a concordance or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for help)
- Be confident that God will answer your prayers in His time. Be open to His creative answer.
- Take steps to go deeper in your faith by getting involved in a church or talk with a Christian friend.
If we do not make the necessary changes that God is asking us to make, we will stay in the same place for the rest of our lives. You don’t have to live that way. You don’t have to be frustrated and lonely your whole life. Pain doesn’t have to be a part of your daily routine. But in order to have new wine, the old wineskin will have to be discarded and the new wineskin put on.